Thursday, December 4, 2008

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Recently I have been painfully aware of some close friends being effected by things out of their control.
Job Loss, Divorce, Cancer...
Many prayer have been said from our household- I often wonder why? What is the reason behind these ordeals- why them?
I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, his love for each of us and of the Plan of Salvation that Jesus sacrificed so much for- My testimony has been strengthened as I am humbled by the amazing spirit of my friends. I made a comment to the husband of my friend who is plagued with cancer. I said it was unfair- He kindly put me in my place. Telling me it was fair. it happens. Through their ordeal he knew their love only was growing stronger, He knew they were doing all they could and they knew that through their ordeal scientists and doctors would learn more to help others... They also knew whatever the outcome this time- thy will be done... No matter what happens, they will be together for eternity. They have children who are grown and married, they have grandchildren. They are active and giving of their time and talents at church. "Don't feel sorry for us- we have an amazing life filled with love and purpose"
Such amazing and insightful wisdom. Knowing our purpose here makes a world of difference as to how we handle our challenges.

1 comment:

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

Thank you Tiffany! I needed that.