Friday, November 21, 2008

FIZZLE


Twilight- I have read some reviews and I am soo confused. I loved the Twilight series. I went to the movie today with an open mind. There is no way that a man could fit my minds eye of Edward therefore I had no intention of (to many) comparisons between the book and movie.
It was really poorly done. It screamed low budget. The only good scene was the baseball scene. The editing and script were laughable. The acting...city theatre quality. In the beginning when Bella's scent was caught by the fan in the classroom- it looked like a Saturday Night Live skit, then when Edward caught Bella's scent it was on the level of my children pretending they were going to vomit. I literally lol. I don't know, maybe it was the editing or perhaps the lack of a decent musical background -but come on! It was marginally as good as an after school special.
On the plus side, Emmett! WOW. All the Cullens (except Edward)- two thumbs up.

My Opinion-
I think they need to get on board with some new directors and rethink the cheesy (over)drawn out scenes/script.
My reccomendation-
Go to a matinee, don't expect much, and have fun! Although I was disappointed, I had fun.

2 comments:

sher said...

Hey, your blog is much easier to read now...yea! I went to Twilight with no expectations and therefor LOVED it! Music Rosalie and Dc. Cullen are my complaints, but besides that. LOVED it and am going again.
I know, going private is SO anoying, but I had a friend and a sister-in-law get some pretty scary stuff from stangers posted on their blogs...nothing is worth the risk these days when it involves my family.
Wish we could make it for so Christmas shopping....another time!

Jennie said...

I liked the movie. (LIKED).
Daniel and I went together on the first day of release... Yes, he got started on the books and finally finished the series this week!