Thursday, November 20, 2008

Parenting 911

Lets all admit it, before we had children we knew exactly what everyone else was doing wrong. All the horrible children crying in the carts in the store- Clearly the parents fault. The children with the dirt on their hands and possibly a smudge on their shirts. Really, did their parents ever bathe them? And the children that threw things or did not do what their parents directed them to do. Once again obviously a lack of discipline on the parents part and possibly an inability to back up their threats.
I was certain I had the master plan game plan. I KNEW that I knew all the right answers- How much to give how much to take. After all we have 4 perfectly perfect children.
#5...Hayden!
Wow, what can I say... I take back all the cursing of the poor parents- Hayden is amazing and fun and loving but I fear he has anger management issues, an incredible set of lungs, and possibly a tendency to defy authority... He is finally getting better- He understands and is now following directions better. Is this a temporary (please) curse from above for my smug ignorance? Shall this too pass?
If anyone has any suggestions for stopping a child from swatting at anything and everything when he doesn't get his way- PLEASE- pass them my way. I have tried holding his hands tight and with an authoritative voice telling him that was not acceptable... He will smile at me and give me hug -n-luvs..
Help

No comments: