Sunday, June 22, 2008

Haute Mama

I have recently seen many really cute embellished applique shirts for toddlers. Miriam and Sherida (and many others I am sure) are making these great Haute Couture outfits for their munchkins. Out here in Hill country I am severely limited (without going into Austin) on my Fabric store selection and sales staff know how. This week I went to Walmart (the store I hate, loathe, and abhor yet frequent on a regular basis). I bought fusible iron-on backing and fabric. I printed up some fonts I liked- laminated and use them as a template. My edges are raw- Puff paint looked amateur, Do you guys stitch around them? I would love for you to post pictures and any helpful hints you may have about your tricks of the trade. Do you use a Cricut? Clue me in to your secrets. I want to be a Haute mama too!

I asked for ideas from the very kind 2 tooth lady at Walmart yet did not get alot of love there. She agreed with just about everything I asked...Whah?

To give you an idea of where in Texas we are- plainly put- the middle of nowhere. Before moving we repeatedly told our children that we we moving to the middle of nowhere. My thoughts on that approach to the move- Set the expectation low and they will be so excited when they realize we do not have to use an outhouse- There is Plumbing! Hollar. On the bright side, Middle of Nowhere Texas is 30 minutes away from Austin and 20 minutes from Round Rock

Before our move, Jordan, our 6 year old, went to stay with our good friends the Blackners. Becki was chatting it up with Jordie. Becki relayed this conversation to me following Jordan's visit. Becki told me how, when talking with Jordan, she had mentioned the prospect of the new friends Jordan would make in Texas. Jordan quickly slapped that idea down to the ground. She stopped her and explained to Becki her dire situation. "No I wont have any new friends, Mommy says we are moving to the middle of nowhere" I guess her picture/idea of the middle of nowhere did not include people.

Jordan was pleasantly surprised to see children in the Middle of Nowhere Texas and now has a growing posse.

The world has been set right again.

So- Please send ideas out here to Middle of Nowhere Texas! Any ideas not to frilly for a little boy would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks- TT

No comments: