Thursday, June 5, 2008

Starting late in the game...

Being on time has never been one of my strong suits. Back in H.S. I was chronically late for first hour AP Bio... I really don't remember how that could have happened- I had early morning seminary before school. Hmm, I guess it is just another thing from High School that I am repressing. I am terminally 15 minutes behind my target time to get anywhere in life. My current excuse is baby Hayden's schedule. It is a horrible character flaw to be as self centered as I am and always be tardy- I hope to grow up and take charge before I turn... is 50 good for everyone? Baby steps right? Enough about the things I should probably have analyzed and go to counseling for-

My point-
I am once again two steps behind with this blogging thing!
I have recently seen some Amazing blogs done by people that are 10X as busy as I am! I have no excuse. I am now taking charge and archiving my deepest thoughts and feelings...NOT! Our blog will be a simple recap of the day or the week of events.
Q? Do other parents feel like I do? A day starting bright and early with the baby waking- a day's schedule packed with baseball practices- soccer games- grocery shopping- laundry for our 1,6,10,12 and 14 y/o -runny noses- butterfly kisses- cooking- a 12 month old that bites my knees for attention when I am trying to do the dishes, a husband who gets home- after having a life and career of his own- and owns as much of my attention as the munchkins
Do I feel Crazy, Complete, Overwhelmed, Appreciated, Young, Underpaid, Privileged, Lucky, Exhausted, Happy?
Sometimes all of those feelings- sometimes a select few.
I am looking forward to summer with the kids. Vacation with the family! I will be sad when school starts again and we aren't plotting our next adventure. Sometimes I am sad that everyone else in the world doesn't have a family just like mine- In short,
I love my life.
I love my Family.
I love our friends far and near.
I hope to keep you updated on our cute and crazy kids. I hope to keep you posted on;

-How, after 26 years of school, Doug is handling the real world.
-What Hunter is up to with soccer, basketball, track, school, and YW's,
-How Cole is doing with Baseball, Basketball, Soccer and random comments about "bulking up"
-Rachie with her robo Hamsters, Writing books, and Basketball
-Jordan with Soccer, Reading, and Cheer leading/gymnastics
-Hayden in his quest to conquer the baby gate so he can peak the 20 stair spiral staircase in the Foyer.
Yikes!
We will post soon-
Keep posting-
TT

11 comments:

sher said...

Hiphiphoraaayyyy! Better late than never. Can't wait to see more pictures of the family and the summer adventures. Thanks for sharing, we'll send a link to our spot.

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Oooo, this will be fun! I always like to hear from/about you and yours. And I sure do enjoy spending a few minutes... er, hours catching up on friends via blog. If ya want to follow Riley, Kael, Jon, and Adrianne around every now and again here's a link. :) http://adriandjonbird.blogspot.com/
We miss you!

Meg said...

I'm so glad you are doing this!!! It will be fun to check in on all the goings and comings of your family. Best of all, I get to add another Tilton link to my list. Now we just need to convince the rest of the family to do it.
Have a great day! Can't wait to see you in August.

Jennie said...

Love the blog!
Can't wait to see more pictures and periodic updates on the details of life! Miss you SOOOOOOOOOO much. I'm going to a movie by myself today. It's a sad thing.
http://martinezmenagerie.blogspot.com/
Love and miss you all -

Tracy said...

...Tiff - love the blog and you are so good with words/story telling. LOVE IT. Have to say going from career to stay at home Mom with only 2 I have a lot of the same feelings, but at the end of the day ~ I know I am a very lucky girl to have my life :) XO and keep posting and send some pics too of those beautiful children!

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

Glad to see you have a blog. I haven't seen your little boy yet. I would live to see some picture's of him!! (hint hint) Give Jordan a hug for me! Nicole Bullock

The Shumate Family said...

yea, so glad to see you have a blog now... I found you through Adrianne's... hope all is well in Texas! stop by and say hi every once in awhile! ddshu.blogspot.com

Dacia

Gina said...

I'm so glad you said "hi!" I haven't seen you guys since Kelsey and Jordan were 2 and Rachel was in my primary class. I'll keep checking your blog for updates. Post some pictures! I can't wait to see your family. Take care!

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

Tiffany- Here's how to get a play list music player.
Go to: http://www.playlist.com/
pick your music, sign up for an account, then click on add your playlist to myspace or facebook, copy the code for blogger. Paste the code in your layout under Add a page Element in: HTML/JavaScript. I hope that's not way to confusing. It sounds confusing to me but it's easy. can't wait to hear your music!
Nicole

Unknown said...

Tiffany and the gang:
I loved seeing your new amazing home in TX. It's just wild to see Hunter and all the kids all "growing up".
Bill, Zach, Katy and I are doing good. Wish I got to see you more often but when I do it always seems like home.
Your commentary on parenting is like a page out of my diary.
xo The Stehneys

Tiffany & Doug Tilton +5 said...

Excited to keep up with your blogs/lifes too. Let the Blogs begin!